Tuesday 10 March 2015

Architectural Art in China



Suzhou Garden

I had a really hard time to decide what this post should be about. Maybe Chinese cuisine, maybe typical education or maybe travel sceneries. However, after I saw some pictures sent by my friend I made up my mind to talk something about architecture.

Suzhou Garden
In the old days, traditional buildings were always coloured with red and gold for those two colours represented royal families. In the yard, there was always a long twist veranda surrounded by rockeries and plants.
The most magnificent and famous historical building complex is the Forbidden City in Beijing. This imperial palace has a history of more than 500 years and attracts countless of people from all over the world every year. 
However, even though I am a person born and bred in the north, I would like to say that buildings in the south of China are the soul of Chinese architectural culture.
 
In the south, buildings are following the aesthetic way which is called the beauty of asymmetry. You can never find two buildings look exactly the same. This architectural style is totally opposite with the northern one.
 
You can sit in the exquisite pavilion standing by the side of the lake, wander along the silent path being surrounded by lush flowers, and enjoy the green bamboos growing outside the gridding window.
You will feel like as if walking in an old fade painting.

19 comments:

  1. Great photos, Nola! China does have fantastic and unique architecture. The rich culture and history are both so fascinating to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks beautiful Nola! You are so privileged to have experienced this. I hope as well one day amongst my travels to see such beautiful a place, particularly the imperial palace! Thank-you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The imperial palace is crowded almost everyday, but it is really magnificent and worth visiting. ^_^

      Delete
  3. Your blog posts are so full of descriptive language - I almost feel like I'm actually there! The architecture in China is beautiful and you are so lucky to have experienced it first hand. This was a great post Nola, looking forward to your next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jessie. Your comments make me feel more confident with my writing!!

      Delete
  4. Looks amazing Nola! I would love to go there and see this in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The closest place I have been to China is Epcot's China display at Disney World in Florida! The real thing looks much nicer though! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy. Hope that one day you can visit Chian in person.

      Delete
  6. This post and all of your photos are amazing Nola! It has definitely made me want to travel there, especially Beijing and see it all for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although Beijing is laways crowded, I love that city!!!

      Delete
  7. This post is great Nola, the pictures are beautiful. Wow, I learned so much about the architecture in China!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow those look beautiful. I'm a big fan of asymmetric architecture - it adds personality and color, making every building unique. Buildings in North America get boring quickly with their cookie-cutter style. Great post Nola!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also a fan of asymmetric architecture and I am sure if you can visit China someday, you will like the buildings there. Especially in Suzhou.

      Delete
  9. I love this post Nola! I think its so cool that no two buildings are the same in the South and I love the photos you've provided

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pictures are so beautiful Nola! Thank you for this post, its lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had no idea the significance behind the architecture in China! Very cool post Nola!

    ReplyDelete