Monday 19 January 2015

Travel in My Memory



“In the sunset of dissolution, everything is illuminated by the aura of nostalgia.” 

I came across this quote from Milan Kundera and suddenly realized the place where I wanted to escape out of is the place I really dream of. 

Once you leave somewhere, it will live in your memory. I had been living in China for more than 20 years and I was fed up with everything that surrounded me: air pollution, water pollution, fast-paced life, superficial relationships amongst people, etc. Everything began to annoy me. 

Finally, I got on an airplane flying to Canada which is miles and miles away from my own country. When the sunshine is down on the ground here, it is midnight and full of darkness in my hometown. Canada is really a brand new world to me. 



Honestly, I do not miss my old country, but I do indeed miss many aspects of my life there. The food I liked, the places I travelled to, the festivals I celebrated together with my beloved family and friends; these memories are just like the blood circulating in my body. 

I keep this blog as a container for my forever lasting memories. My past is full of life and I will present it here for you.


14 comments:

  1. Great post Nola! Look forward to reading your blog. - Jeff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I am so glad that the content can make sense.^_^

      Delete
  2. Hi Nola, I am very excited to hear about your experiences here in Canada. It will also be very cool to hear how you relate them to your memories from China. I felt similar feelings towards my home when I was travelling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will paint a picture describing the connection between Canada and China O(∩_∩)O

      Delete
  3. Great blog Nola! I was once like you, very new to Canada and from a completely different country. Soon enough you'll feel right at home just like I do now. You'll have many opportunities to re-create your memories from China right here in Canada. Looking forward to reading your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Canada. People here are really nice and friendly. I am striving to overcome my language barrier and enjoy life. ^_^

      Delete
  4. This is a great post Nola! I am excited to learn more about you and your experiences in China - Looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying my best to make next post better than this. hahaha ^_^

      Delete
  5. Loved reading this first post Nola :) I moved here from England and remember experiencing all the differences between my home and Canada for the first time - can't wait to hear all about yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post Nola, I'm excited to read about your new adventures in Canada, I hope you love it as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should be very proud of moving to Canada because I know I probably wouldn't even dream of leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our memories definitely play an integral role in who we are. Places we've been, homes we've lived in, people we've known... they are a few of the fragments composing the totality of who we are! Great post, Nola! P.S. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete